Creamy Pesto Pasta Recipe
Oh how I missed pasta when I went Gluten-free! When I was in college I ate pasta about twice a day, it was cheap, easy to make and filled me up quickly between classes. Now that I’m a grown woman I still don’t have the time but I have the drive to treat myself better than I did at 20. I went completely Gluten Free by choice about 6 months ago and I have seen AMAZING results from going Gluten-Free. No more migraines, no ichy skin, I rarely get acne, I have more energy and most surprising of all I have trimmed up and look like I started working out (shhhh, don’t tell anyone I still sit in front of the computer all day!)
Ditching Gluten is one of the BEST things you can do for your health, to help you do it I’ve come up with a way to have your pasta and eat it too! The following is the BEST pesto recipe I’ve ever had… no lying. Plus it’s gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, paleo and has ZERO grains…ZERO. I just blew your mind… I know.
This makes a family sized portion so cut in half for one person or a couple
- 2 Package Kelp noodles
- 1/4 cup lemon
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs coconut aminos
- 3 Tbs nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups cashews or pine nuts
- 4 bunches basil about 3 handfuls fresh (or spinach works for a mild flavor)
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- Rinse Kelp noodles thoroughly and lightly separate
- Drain Kelp noodles and set aside
- Put all other ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, bonus if you use a BlendTec the pesto will get warm!
- Pour your sauce over the drained noodles, toss and top with whatever you like.
- Serve immediately, enjoy!
That’s it! Super easy gluten-free, soy-free, paleo, vegan pasta!!!!!!! Horrah!
Did you try this recipe? Let us know how you liked it! Or if you have another pesto recipe we would love to hear it!
- Shannon Drake