Totally Tasty Candied Rosemary Dates
These dates may be totally indulgent tasting but you can eat 15 and it’s still less than half the sugar of a can of coke. Not to mention it’s natural sugar not disgusting high fructose corn syrup! Around the office these dates are affectionately called cucarachas, but don’t let our pet name turn you off these Vegan, Gluten free, Paleo treats are impossible to beat on the tasty scale.
Trust me when I say 15 of these is enough for 4-5 people they are so darn good and filling! Candied dates make for an amazing party treat, appetizer or even desert. Oh and they are SUPER easy to make.
- 15 Pitted Dates
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 tbs Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- Melt coconut oil in a saute pan, add in maple syrup, rosemary and salt. Toss to disperse
- turn heat on med-hi once the oil has heated up throw in the dates
- Saute dates until browned and toss to saute other side about 3-5min each side
- Once cooked place on paper towels to drain oil. LET THEM COOL, the candied maple syrup will be really really hot!
- Once they are warm, serve!
The dates go great with grapes, melon, on vegan ice cream, gluten free crackers or straight up! you really can’t go wrong.
Did you try these? Leave us some feed back in the comments below.
- Joseph Winke